February 17, 2009: A Salad for Me

This morning's picking gave me mostly spinach, which is still really small. It must weigh more than lettuce, though, as I got 5 ounces from the garden today. I did share the last salad with the rabbit, so this one will be a wilted spinach and onion salad for my dinner tonight. Rabbit can eat the $tore bought $tuff.




The Tumbling Tom tomatoes have their first true leaves. I may have rushed transplanting them into larger pots, but I was anxious to get those long stems covered with soil. They look quite happy now.

9 comments:

  1. That's quite a salad you've got there!

    And your tomatoes look great to me, but what do I know? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your greens look so good. I just planted up some in the cold frame but I am sure they will not germinated for a month at least. MMM, wilted spinach & scallions sounds like a winning combintaion to me.

    The tom's are looking great and good thinking burying them so early. They look like the responded well to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny,

    Well one thing is for sure, you are ahead of EG and I for the 2009 produce weigh in... and you haven't started your (real) garden :-)

    The tomatoes look very happy. I'm sure you will find a way to get them home safely.

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice salad, Granny. And....your tomato plants are looking very good! Happy propagating!

    EG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan, the salad was really good. But the spinach isn't as tender as my fall spinach was. It must be from growing so slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo. Looking good Granny! Much better than mine so far, but I'm not far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy salad! I want fresh greens (and tomatoes) so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I think I need to take a trip to the cold frame and pick me a salad now, after seeing yours! The tomatoes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tessa, I have had a ridiculous time trying to grow those greens here in AZ. The nights are too cold, the days are too hot..I will be so happy to get back to my Washington garden!

    ReplyDelete