June 12, 2009: Blog Award
Sue, who has delightful blog at Making a House a Home, has presented me with an award this morning! Thank you, Sue. I am honored, and I love getting awards (I'm shallow like that), but this one comes with some pretty strict stipulations.
(1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (That one's easy!)
(2) Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (A no-brainer.)
(3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award. (Did that.)
(4) Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (Uh-oh, it's getting harder)
(5) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. (Only seven? But-but-but----I have about 57 favorites! How do I chose?)
(6) Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. (If I can chose seven, I can link.)
(7) Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. (I can do that!)
Item #1 Done
Item #2 Done
Item #3 Done
Item #4 I really lead a rather dull life, so this one will be difficult.
1. I only drink one cup of coffee a day, and that's half coffee and half lowfat milk with a packet of sweetener.
2. I used to do a lot of painting, in acrylics or oils, on canvas or objects. If you're curious, here are photos of a few of them.
3. I'm a yo-yo dieter. I go on "healthy eating" binges and lose 20-30 pounds, keep it off for a couple of years, then blow it during one winter in AZ. Too many potlucks, card games with refreshments, tacos at the local bar. I can go from size 8 to size 14 in the wink of an eye.
4. I don't drink alcoholic beverages, with the exception of my once yearly Margarita. I think I could get hooked on those, if I were so inclined.
5. My Dad was a WWII hero. He lead the 392nd. Bomb Group in the first bomb drop on Berlin. For this, he received the Presidential Citation, which was presented to him by General James Doolittle. He was also the recipient of the Purple Heart, the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal. * OOPS...I originally posted this as a WWI hero.
6. I was married right out of high school, and widowed when I was 20. I found Mr. H three years later, and have kept him around for nearly 47 years.
7. I've become a blogoholic. Oh, you already knew that?
Item #5 I have to narrow this down to seven. First I'll eliminate all of you who have already received an award from me in the past, you already know I love you. That only leaves me with fifty or so to chose from.
1. Kate and Crew at Gardening Without Skills. I just love her and her great attitude about the failures of her garden. She makes me want to share my small bounty with her.
2. Mr. & Mrs. Soggy have the most beautiful veggie and flower gardens at Soggy Day Gardener. I'm always threatening to make the trip across the Atlantic just to sit a spell in their gardens. I hear Mrs. Soggy makes excellent cakes to serve with tea.
3. You must visit Stacey's Cottage Garden. She's just beginning to build her garden, and it's artistic and enchanting.
4. Toni in Wyoming is building a house AND a new garden. Toni's Weedless Square Foot Garden has links to her housebuilding and "around the kitchen table" blogs. She's fun and funny.
5. Stefaneener's Sicilian Sisters Grow Some Food can put most of us to shame when we see how much of the food her family eats is grown by her.
6. John Best is the best! Lately he keeps losing his blog at John's Journal. I don't know how one loses a blog, but I sure hope it never happens to me! John invents amazing things, and thanks to him I have a soil block maker. A darned good one!
7. Most of my favorite blogs are strictly gardening blogs. One exception is From A to Z and Everything in Between. Mommyamy has delightful twin daughters, a well stocked spice cabinet and a new garden. She covers all the bases.
8. OK, only seven of you can get mentioned this time around....but the other 50 or so are just as much my favorites. I love you all!
Item #6 Done
Item #7 I'm on my way!
Whew! That was difficult!