Tomorrow and Saturday our little town will be celebrating Founder's Day, with arts and crafts at the Community Center and a town wide yard sale. Now, I'm not one for yard sales....except in this little town. Especially when my former next door neighbor is selling. She has remarried and moved to Kingman, AZ, and her son now lives in her old home. Every winter she brings all the stuff she no longer uses, and puts them in the yard sale at her old residence. My other neighbors join in so they all sell from one yard.
Last year I scored big on large pots and saucers for my container garden, so I noticed they were setting up this afternoon and walked over to see if I could find more usable containers for planting. There were none, but my previous neighbor was in her usual good form....her table looks more like an upscale department store display than a yard sale! Of course, I pre-purchased a few things.
1. Two rose colored, oversized new bath towels. I'm trying to get the pups to sleep on the floor next to my bed instead of IN my bed. I made them a big soft pillow, and these towels will be the washable cover...and the rose color looks nice with my rose and green quilt. Cost: $1 for both.
2. New, nonstick cupcake pan. Cost: $1
2. One new and one lightly used 9" x 13" nonstick cake pans. Cost: $2 for both.
3. New (never ever used) Whirly Pop popcorn popper. Cost: $8
4. Two cut glass salad or punch bowls. These bowls are gorgeous, shine like diamonds, and are so heavy I could hardly lift both of them together (the picture doesn't do them justice)! I'm thinking they must be leaded glass (I know nothing about cut or leaded glass). Cost: $5 for the large one and $3 for the smaller one.
I think I made quite a haul for $20! I wonder what I'll find tomorrow.......