Luckily the weather was sunny, rather warm and relatively calm yesterday, so I could begin cleaning up all the mess from the previous day's windstorm.
I raked it all up and bagged it, then used the leaf blower for the final cleanup. Unfortunately this will all go to the landfill, as it was too full of large twigs and branches to chop up for the compost pile. I do so need a chipper-shredder!
All cleaned up again.....for now.
I also got a new piece of 4 mil plastic for the spinach bed, cut and stapled on the end pieces, then used one large piece to cover the back, top and front. I put in four more hooks for extra bungee straps to hold it down during windstorms, and it's all weighted down on the front edge to allow for easy removal by just rolling it up on that 1x2 board that's stapled to the front. The spinach got a good sprinkling from the watering can, then was covered up for the night.
The patio and the side yard mess will have to wait for another day. I was too tired to tackle it. At least this is mostly leaves, except for a few large limbs from the neighbor's sycamore, so I can pick them up with the mower and dump them in the compost.