February 27, 2012 - Did I Say Spring?



Yesterday, with visions of tomato blossoms and fresh baby lettuce dancing in my head, I felt as though spring had arrived! My dreams were dashed this morning, when I looked outside at two inches of snow on the ground. It was completely unexpected! My son-in-law, Bryan, has committed to Saturday to begin sod removal for the new garden plot. That might have to be put on hold.



Yesterday son John installed the new carpet in Mr. Granny's man cave. It looks so much better! I got such a good deal on a remnant that was exactly the right size to carpet not only that room, but a small bedroom as well! I hadn't planned on replacing that carpet, but the 12' x 29' remnant was less expensive than purchasing a 12' x 15' for the man cave alone. Mr. Granny and I moved all the furniture out of the room on Saturday, and we put down the new padding. Sunday we whimpered a lot about our old, aching muscles, and let John do most of the work. I think we'll wait for him to help move the furniture out of the bedroom today, although he moans and groans about his aches and pains almost as much as we do!


All that furniture moving and carpet laying wore Otto out.


I think I've solved the problem I was having with CAPTCHA. I've always had control over comment moderation, having every comment sent to me email. My email was inundated with spam when I removed word verification from my comments, and I was really tearing my hair out over it. Well, DUH! I stopped having your comments sent to my email! Blogger does a good job of removing the spam to a different tab, so now I don't have to look at it. I just have to publish the comments through Blogger Dashboard, rather than from my email. So.....for now at least, this blog will remain a word verification free zone.

21 comments:

  1. oh no not a good time to have snow! Maybe it will all be gone by the week-end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly we're in the same shoes. Lots of ice/snow on the ground. So much for early spring :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I am ready for spring, I would love to wake up to snow! We are still spring like here so I am not going to hold my breath. Otto looks so happy in his chair. Where is his blanket? Alex (he is two) thinks our Great Dane puppy Roxie has to be covered up when she sleeps. She might get cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli, I'm sure Otto would love that!

    ********
    Jenny, there are so many years we get absolutely no snow here. My daughter, who lives just 15 miles from me, got none this morning.

    ********
    Christy, Otto's blankie was right there on the floor next to the chair. He's usually burrowed deep inside of it. I think he just wanted to get out of the line of fire while we were moving everything back into the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your delayed spring. On the other hand, I sure wish we had had/still had winter here, because it means rain here. Sigh. Enjoy the babies inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stefaneener, I'm too busy to enjoy much of anything. But...new carpet is installed, and things are almost back to normal!

      Delete
  6. We had a few flakes the other day but no real snow. It was fun being out hiking when it was snowing. I was happy that it didn't stick though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daphne, As cold as it was here, I'm surprised it didn't stick to our roads. Not much melted from the yard.

      Delete
  7. I love your new layout! Makes me want spring to come even more.

    The weather sure has been crazy. 70 one day, then a high of 25 the next. I wonder what spring and summer will look like... hopefully a little more steady than this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prairie Cat, thank you.

      Yes, it was in the low 50s yesterday, so snow was so not expected!

      Delete
  8. Now that is one happy, warm, puppy dog! He looks like he needs a good belly rubbing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st. Man, believe me...he gets a lot of rubbing on that fat little belly!

      Delete
  9. 64 degrees and sunshine here (southeast). 66 predicted for tomorrow. We have had no winter at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianefaith, you just ruined my day ;-) I'm so hoping for 60 degree weather.

      Delete
  10. Love the new background picture! Makes me look forward to spring.

    And I hate those word verifications... It takes me at least three tries to get the combo correct even after refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, that's a shot from the 2011 garden, I felt it was time to replace the 2009 photo!

      Yes, I also hate them. They are on nearly everything now. I just took a Blue Bunny survey, at their request, and had to enter those horrid captcha words. Took me two tries.

      Delete
  11. Snow!!! I keep thinking Mother Nature is playing a huge trick on us, now we have proof! It was in the 80's last week for 2 days and yesterday, hard frost...... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, 19F here this morning. I hope she's getting it out of her system....I'm ready to garden!

      Delete
  12. Granny sorry you got the snow. We got it again on Friday night but that isn't unusual for this area. Hope it gets it out of its system soon however as I want to get my greenhouses up by April 1st.

    Take it easy with that furniture moving. It isn't good for the body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilderness, we're expecting another storm tonight. I'm used to AZ winters, I need to get used to this! Annie is slowly adjusting to doing her business in the snow or rain, but Otto still refuses and has to be taken out front under the pine trees where it's dry and bare :-)

      I'm walking in an "S" shape today from all the lifting. At least all the heavy stuff has been put back, but of course I think I have to clean out every closet and drawer while we're doing this. Now I have a big stack of stuff in my bedroom to go through, and a bunch to take to Goodwill.

      Delete