November 27, 2008: Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been a few days since I've been able to post, as our local WIFI has been down. Since I'm getting a signal this morning, I want to at least wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving day.

I have my turkey in the oven, the stuffing in the crockpot, giblets simmering for the pups (giblets) and the gravy (broth), and sweet potatoes pre-cooked and ready for their final preparation. I baked bread yesterday, the cranberry sauce is chilling, so not much to do until it's time to mash the potatoes, steam the veggies and serve dinner....just Mr. H, the pups and I, so we'll have lots of food and lots of leftovers.




Thanksgiving Glitter Graphics

6 comments:

  1. You and Mr H. ("nice hand, Mr. H!" don't eat too much. Me and my redneck family ate really big today! Woo doggie!

    EG

    ReplyDelete
  2. EG, I ate soooo much! I just finished the dishes, and I might get all that turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cranberry sauce out of the fridge and start all over again! Mr. H is having pumpkin pie right now. I'm going to have to get out of these tight jeans and into some loose jammies before I fill another plate.

    I hope you had a wonderful day, and thank you dear friend for worrying about us. Whoopee...I've had an internet connection all day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Sounds like you had quite a feast.

    We celebrate Thanksgiving Oct 13 in Canada and I missed it being in Algonquin Park. There has been a turkey in the deep freeze for a while now and has been tempting me ever since. All I need is the ambition for cooking such a feast.

    Hope your internet gets figured out soon. There can be so many things that can mess with WIFI, it can be very difficult to diagnose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now we know why you had that little blogging hiatus...you were out there living life and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, I think I have too much fun...I have a few mundane things that need to get done, like laundry, shampooing the livingroom carpet, etc. I just can't seem to find the time for that ;-)

    ReplyDelete