August 3, 2013 - How Could I Miss It?


July 17th., 2013 passed without a celebration of five years of Annie's Kitchen Garden, and 1082 posts!  

Wishing myself a belated.... 




I didn't even make it out to the garden today.  Not even to pick anything. 

I had these staring at me....

So I made more salsa.

I had enough for 5 quart jars and 4 pint jars.  It was supposed to be a couple of pints for us and 6 quart jars, two for each of the kids, but one quart didn't seal so I grabbed a couple of pint jars and reprocessed it.  I really didn't want the kids to have my pints, as I'm so low on them and they don't always return them.  They will have to go to John, as he always brings them back.  In fact, I think he bought them for me to begin with!  Anyway, it was one of those days, filled with interruptions, so it took all day to finish canning the salsa.  It began with Mr. Granny wanting to rearrange his man cave so he could put his chair in front of the window, just as I had finished scalding, coring and peeling the tomatoes.  That meant everything had to come to a halt while Ishowed him how to arrange the rest of the furniture, removed and rehung a couple of pictures, dusted all of his furniture and cleaned out the drawer in his side table, where he's been stashing all of his garbage.  Yes he really does hide stuff in there, like nuts and bolts and bandaids and dirty napkins.  There were shelves to clear off and all kinds of stuff to just throw away, carpet to vacuum, doggy day beds and blankies that smelled too doggy, so they all got washed and dried.  Then I got back to the salsa.  I finally, after having to go to the store for a couple of ingredients I had run out of, had it on the stove boiling away, and the canner full of water boiling away, when I happened to look at the clock and see I was late starting dinner.  Everything got shoved to the back of the stove, so by the time I got back to it and got it all canned, it was 9 PM!

Some days I can accomplish so much.  Some days it takes me forever to finish one or two chores.

26 comments:

  1. It's always the distractions!! See?--Mr Granny SHOULD by you that chipper for all you do!

    Happy Blogiversary!!
    We love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I love you too! I think of you every day. My desktop always reminds me, because 99% of the time I have one of your photos there as my wallpaper! Right now I'm looking at your garden path, with the lavender phlox on the left, cosmos on the right and alyssum in the center. It took the place of the little red birdhouse, and I think your barn may have been before that :-)

      Delete
  2. I started blogging the same year you did, but in spring. Somehow I always forget my Blogoversary though.

    Anyway have a belated happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daphne, and same to you. I think we're part of a small breed who has stuck with it this long.

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogiversary Granny! I missed mine too! It was back in April!

    It sounds to me like you got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, we need to have a belated blogiversary party! The Italian can bring the drinks ;-)

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! 5 years and over 1,000 posts, you deserve a big celebration! You've helped and motivated a lot of people with your blog, you know. Why, I'm now looking over the den (which the two boys share as their man cave) and wonder if it needs a thorough cleaning. There might be dirty napkins stashed somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. R., I didn't even look behind the doors of the TV stand. I was afraid of what I might find!

      Delete
  5. Happy Blogiversary, Granny! It sounds like one of those days you wish you could get out of bed and begin again. I hope Mr. Granny is happy with his new man cave configuration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, he likes it, but I'm not that happy. His big TV now directly faces the window, and when I went out to the garage last night I glanced that way....there was a big man looking back at me, and it startled me! I do the same with the scarecrow in the garden. I forget he's there, turn around and see him, and it darned near scares the beecheeses out of me!

      Delete
  6. Happy Blogiversary, Granny! Five years is a long time in Blogdom, and that's a lot of pictures and words to put together in posts. Yours was one of the very first blogs I found when I started, and I always read it even if I don't comment. You've been highly inspirational for me. I hope there are many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alison. I hope you've enjoyed my veggies as much as I've enjoyed your flowers!

      Delete
  7. Happy Blogoversary Granny! I have been reading your blog for about four of those years and learned a lot about gardening from you. I also appreciate how you encourage other bloggers! Sounds like you've done a lot even if it took all day to get that salsa chore finished. Cleaning so much takes a lot of energy and I wish I had half yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog. Very inspiring.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary to you! You know you are special to me in so many ways. Thanks for being there and here's to the next five!

    Luv ya,
    1st Man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you 1st. Man. You're very special to me, too.

      *smootchies*

      Delete
  10. Mr. Granny makes your life interesting!!!! You still accomplished a lot I would say! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 5th blog-birthday. You have been an inspiration for me! I have learned so much from you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a nap after all your work! My house needs cleaned and rearranged. Can you come over?

    Happy blogiversary, Granny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be right there, Langela. Oh....nevermind. I have to rearrange the pantry closet today.

      Delete
  13. Happy Blogoversary AG! You are such an inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete