Both triangle beds were amended with compost, which was scratched into the top few inches and then leveled. Then the first seeds of the 2012 garden season were planted. Just a few radishes, along the edge of triangle bed #2, that will be pulled long before the space is needed for summer squash. Hopefully I'll find a spot to put in a short row or two every couple of weeks for a continuous supply this spring. The remaining garlic was moved from the east garden, and a dozen plants filled the allotted spaces perfectly. The soil isn't as dry as it looks, it was nice and damp an inch or two below the surface. I did, however, carry out several 2 gallon watering cans to give the seeds and transplants a drink. I'll have to hook a hose up to the house water soon, as our irrigation water won't be turned on for at least another month.
The garlic I moved earlier in the week seems to be surviving just fine.
It was actually 69F in the shade today (32F when I got up this morning), so I treated the seedlings and the tomato plants to a day on the front porch. I forgot the onions in the laundry room window. They need to start going outside to harden off, as it will soon be time to plant them.