January 4, 2010: Happy 101 Blog Award


Kelli, from Animal Friendly Eating blog, has honored me with the Happy 101 Award! Thank you, Kelli!

Here are the rules: List 10 things that make you happy. Try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you must link back to my blog.

10 things that make me happy:
  • the first ripe tomato (carrot, squash, pea, bean, etc.) of the season
  • neatly lined up jars of home canned food on my shelves
  • grandson Kevin helping in the garden/kitchen
  • cute pictures of granddaughter Alicyn, I miss her so
  • granddaughter Alicia's phone calls when I'm in AZ, and her overnight visits when I'm home
  • my dogs, Annie & Otto
  • playing Hand & Foot (cards) every Tuesday night through the winter
  • Mr. H, when he's in a good mood
  • strawberry jam
  • blogging and reading all the wonderful blogs out there, and corresponding with my gardening, blogging friends

    Blogs I nominate: This isn't going to be easy. I find some people don't like these awards, and some people absolutely hate them! More than once I've been publicly chastised on someone's blog for sending along an award, even though I always tell them to please ignore if it's not welcomed. Those occasions have made me a bit gun shy. Myself? I am honored to know someone appreciates me or my blog enough to send me an award! I thank you.
I don't think the following people will chop my head off for awarding them the Happy 101 ;-)
However, don't feel obligated to accept!

Thomas, from A Growing Tradition
Gloria, from A Healthy Gardener
Daphne, from Daphne's Dandelions
Just Jenn, from Gamine's Garden
Erin, from Garden Now, Think Later
Kate, from Gardening Without Skills
Rachel, from GrafixMuse's Garden Spot
Kelly, from How My Garden Grows
Judy, from Judy's Square Foot Garden Blog
Liisa, from Liisa's Garden Journey
EG, from Our Engineered Garden
Shawn Ann, from Shawn Ann's Garden
Stefaneener, from Sicilian Sisters Grow Some Food
Ribbit, from The Corner Yard
KitsapFG, from The Modern "Victory Garden" Blog
Dan, from Urban Veggie Garden Blog

"That's more than ten" you say? I'm feeling generous! Heck, I'd have named a few more, but I don't know how they feel about "awards".

12 comments:

  1. Nope I won't chop your head off...However the last award took me a while to fullfil so I probably won't have time to do it with a newborn. But thanks! It's nice to be thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I love that you listed me, and will try my darndest to return the favor to others in the next few days! And thanks for giving me a list of blogs to check out in ALL MY SPARE TIME, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks. I'm happy to participate, however, we tend to run in the same circles so I'd wind up nominating the same people as you do. I'll fulfill as much of the bargain as I can. Thank you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Granny. I usually only bite the heads off of my broccoli, but then again I haven't had any in a while so I'm feeling a bit peckish. ;> I can't believe someone chastised you for giving them an award. I know some don't like them, but everyone is free to ignore it. I usually follow through about half the time. If I do it this time it will probably be after my kids leave. I'm so far behind in even reading blogs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much appreciate it when my blog is recognized but just don't always join into the ring of responses that are required for the various blog awards that circulate. Sometimes I do though!

    I love your list of "what makes me happy" - so which one did you do that day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks AG, I am not sure if I can find 10 new people to nominate, but I will try to pass it along just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liisa, Shawn Ann, Erin, Ribbit, Daphne, Kitsap and Kelly.....none of you is obligated to follow through with the "rules". I just wanted to let all of you know how much you are appreciated, and that you all bring a ray of sunshine into my life.

    Kitsap, I did more than one. I enjoyed Mr. H's good mood, after he spent the afternoon sitting outside in the warm sun, I had strawberry jam on my toast, and Annie & Otto bring me daily joy and mega smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award. I shall get a reply up by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Ma. It's nice to know that your vegetables make you happy, but your kids don't! Well I guess you wouldn't have grandchildren without us, so in a round about way we really do make you happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your award, Annie! Happy gardening and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the award, Granny! Thanks for including my blog in your list. I am proud to be among such wonderfully inspirational blogs.

    ReplyDelete