April 16, 2013 - No Time for Gardening

Son John came by today to begin another job for me.  We'd had some problems with leaking rain gutters in the past, so the facia boards were showing some rot.  John and Mr. Granny pulled down the old boards, then John and I headed for Lowe's to buy lumber and new rain gutters.

My job was to prime all the boards.  All 66 feet of boards.  Both sides.  It was cold and windy out there, but at least the primer dried quickly in the sun and wind.

Then I gave them a coat of paint.  Both sides.

Nice new facia boards on the front of the house.....

And on the front of the garage.

My next chore will be to pre-paint all of the new metal gutters.  Son John's next chore will be to install them.  I'll try to work in a bit of gardening in my spare time!


13 comments:

  1. Looks great! Should last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I could have got the expensive stuff that was guaranteed for fifty years, but I'm not guaranteed for fifty more years, so I went for cedar! It should outlast me ;-)

      Delete
    2. Who are you kidding? You'll be gardening for another fifty years. You can't fool us. :)

      Delete
  2. Can I adopt Granny she gets all the work done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank, you can adopt me when I'm ready to retire ;-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cloud. BTW, when are you going to change your name from Stay @ Home? You haven't stayed at "home" all winter! Unless you're calling that tent "home". I guess "home" is where the heart....er, cat is ;-)

      Delete
    2. HAHA. You are quite right, Carol. There is nothing about me pertaining to staying home or gardening. I liken it to the my biker uncle being named Bones.... and he was not my physique in the slightest. ;)

      Yes. Where the cat is, I call home. At least years ago when the cat and GF had moved from NY to MI, I was coerced to calling that 'home' (Not too much coercion. Its nice in Michigan).

      Im starting to think about 9000 Feet up on the mountain side in Colorado just may be true Home here in a months time when im FREEEE...

      Delete
    3. If you build high on that mountainside, make sure you have lots of thick hay bales in the walls for insulation or you'll freeze your buns off! Can you grow anything at 9000 feet?

      Delete
  4. Your new facia boards look very nice! You are a hard worker that is for sure. Son John sounds like a winner! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. Yes, John is a really good helper, and it's much appreciated as we get older and the chores get more difficult for us.

      Delete