March 4, 2010: Hey Ribbit, I Found It!

This is an addendum to the below post.......

Hey Ribbit, I found my Crockett's Victory Garden book and my garden planner! They were right where I had put them, in the most obvious place.....in the bottom of my tool box! It's a good thing I needed a screwdriver ;-)

The Idiot Gardener is going to love this one. I did a bit of a boo-boo today. I spent about $33 for a 24" double fluorescent fixture and two T12 lamps. It had to be assembled, and Mr. H and I both had fits over getting the screws in it. We finally got it all together, and Mr. H said......."Where's the plug?" Damn. I didn't realize I bought one that had to be hard wired in. And I totally destroyed the box trying to get the fixture out. And it was the only one I could find that would fit in the laundry room window. I'm going to have to call son John to the rescue here.

11 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm glad you found them. Crisis averted.
    Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! I have to go out today and get myself another light. I already have no room under the one I used last year. Onions take up so much space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing last year! Hubby laughed at me, he saw the box and just let me open it and dig it out and look bewildered and just started laughing at me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Glad you found your Crockett's victory garden book and you gave me a good chuckle about the lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny, I just cut the cord off of some type of broken small appliance, and use it to provide power with. Those 24" lights are expensive!!! I have four of them in my smallest shelf system...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great that you found your book Granny. Happy Gardening...cannot wait to see your garden growing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. To all:

    I am now not in a panic. I have my beloved book, which has been my gardening companion for over thirty years, and EG has assured me a cord and plug can be added to my light. Now, if my son would just answer his phone, I could get that sucker wired and plugged in!

    You see, it's only the small things that get me all excited. I can handle the big stuff ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been missing your posts -- busy grading. I'm so glad you're home! That thyme plant is an inspiration. . . I'm just so glad you're home. So much good interesting work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stefaneener, you haven't missed much ;-) It's good to be home, but I wish I had more done out in the garden. Hopefully tomorrow and Sunday, as our temps are supposed to drop by ten degrees next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Granny, just wire it up to the internal connection and stick a plug on it. Just close your eyes when you power her up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TIG, my son is coming tomorrow to do just that. He's better with electrical wiring than I am ;-)

    ReplyDelete