March 9, 2010: I *Heart* My Readers

It always makes me feel so good when I hear from my readers, whether it be in their comments to my blog, or in an email. It makes me especially happy when I find I've inspired someone to do something new to them. A couple of weeks ago, I got the following comment from Chelsea, aka Echo of Eve, on my post Granny's Beautiful Buns........

"I've been learning to bake bread ever since I found out I was allergic to commerical yeast (a few months ago), and have been looking for a nice "white bread" type recipe, and I found it! Your bread was amazing. I had to change the recipe a little because I had to use a sourdough starter instead of active yeast. I took pictures, because I was so proud of my little buns LOL. I don't think I can post them in the comments though. Or I don't know how. I wish I could show you the benefits of your wonderful recipe."

I asked Chelsea if she would email me a photo of her accomplishment, and she did. Here are Chelsea's beautiful buns:


Great job, Chelsea!


13 comments:

  1. That's awesome AG...and it looks like she was very successful...yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny - you do have some wonderful recipes, and i'm sure most of your readers benefit from your sharing (including me)! Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you have inspired a lot of people Granny (you inspire me). I'm guessing you have a lot of readers that never even comment, but you inspire them none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice buns Chelsea, and good going Granny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I even bookmarked that post because I definitely want to try those someday! Way to go Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gran - I second EG's comment. Your recipes are awesome. I still make your Dakota bread on a regular basis. I will definitely have to try one as well. I'm sure these buns will be delicious with barbecue pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! She did a great job and the sour dough starter I am sure made it even better than your original recipe.

    You definitely enrich other's lives by sharing part of yours with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Chelsea on buns...AG you are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look terrific. Now I need to get Chelsea's information about sourdough. It's the next bread horizon I want to conquer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Granny, you always have beautiful buns. The rest of you isn't half bad, either.

    Actually, I can't wait to try the buns. I was thinking of doing them this weekend, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, Thanks Granny! Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I'm really new to this baking thing.

    Gran, I'm glad you're back, I can't wait to see your new garden!

    Stephaneener, if you want I can send you my slightly tweaked recipe to include sourdough starter instead of active yeast. Email me at ckibler at gmail.com and I'll type it out for you. I'll include links to the recipe to make the starter.
    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some popular buns lately :-) Love your recipes, every one I have tried works out great.

    ReplyDelete