February 2, 2011 - Eleven Days & Counting

I'll stop the counting before you're all sick of it. I promise.

It's not warm enough up home to be leaving yet, and yes, it is early for us. It's just that both of us are absolutely bored to death this year, and missing the kids and grandkids, and sick and tired of the internet connection woes. We used to stay down here for six months at a time, then it became five months, now four months. We're already planning on only three months next year, if the place doesn't sell. Just long enough to make sure everything is running smoothly, like the watering system.

Oddly enough, I could access most websites yesterday and this morning, but could not download any email, nor could I open gmail or banking websites. Yesterday I could even access my Blogger Dashboard, and publish comments. Today Dashboard would time out, too. So.... here I am, sitting in a cold, cold pickup in front of the library, just long enough to publish your comments and let you know what is going on. At least the library wifi is up and running again, so I can sit outside even when the library is closed.

11 comments:

  1. That's okay, Granny. We'll suffer with you when you can't post.

    I, for one, can't wait to have you back to posting daily. Twice a day would suit me just fine.

    What about renting or leasing the place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling pretty bad for you! Hope you have a save trip home!
    ~~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for wanting to come back earlier. Especially with all the internet problems. Looking forward to you returning back to full blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how frustrating getting on the internet can be
    plus my computer was acting up..my Son claims I had too much Junk on it .(maybe he was right). I was lost without it and stayed as mean as a snake. Problems were soon solved and I became normal :o) well, almost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for you to get back where you want to be! Will pray for your sale...and your internet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing worse than internet that does not work as it should. Experience tells me it is a real pain! Have a safe return. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll be home in no time! Seeds are out in full display at Home Depot, proof that spring is already on the way.
    It's hard to remember how it was when there was no Internet, but I do remember -- well -- how long it once took to send or receive a short email. The Prodigy days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are all just as excited for you to be home in Washington and to have a good online connection. I think we are going to have a nice spring this year (no insider knowledge - just a hunch I have) and it will be great if that turns out to be true and you are back early to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure I'll be glad to see you back blogging every day. Then I'll feel compelled to read all your posts and all the posts on your blog list and some of the posts on their blog lists and I won't get any work done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, who'd of thunk it that your home away from home wouldn't be all that and a bag of chips! We sure miss you up her in Warshington...

    Take care and hurry home. Hope the weather's great this year.

    ReplyDelete