Lynda, from Cortina Creek Farms, has honored me with this award. Thank you, Lynda, I love getting awards!
In return, I am supposed to do two things: (1) Divulge 7 things about myself that you may not know, and (2) Pass on the award to 15 people.
Being the cantankerous old lady that I am, I'm changing the rules somewhat. Since I've already done this several times before, I'm only going to pass this on to two people, but in return I will divulge twice as many things about myself that you may not know. Unless, of course, you've been following my blog from the beginning, as all fourteen things were divulged previously!
I'm passing the award on to my dear cyber-friend Robin, The Gardener of Eden. She's not only a blog friend, she has become a personal friend who exchanges emails with me on an almost daily basis. She's been there when I need a hug, or a laugh, or just need a friend. Thank you, Robin, and thank your dear Italian, too!
I'm also passing the award on to Ginny, at Gingerbreads House, just because she's such a sweet person, and deserves it.
Please don't feel obligated to pass this award on, or tell your deepest, darkest secrets. I just want you both to know that I love and appreciate you, as I do all of my dear readers.
Now, here are fourteen things about me. Yes, it's all about me-me-me!
1. I am a 2X survivor of cancer,having had cervical cancer in 1974 and colon cancer in 2004.
2. Although most people call me Granny, and some call me Annie, my name is Carol. I am a granny (and a great-granny), but Annie is my girl dog. She has a brother, Otto.
3. We used to "snowbird" in our motor home, but I hated riding in it. I was a white knuckle rider. We finally bought property in AZ and got rid of the RV. Now I'm just plain tired of traveling back and forth and would like to stay home in Washington.
4. My neighbor Pat moved last fall, but she still cries when I leave her to go to AZ.
5. My BFF lives in Redding, CA. We've been buddies since high school.
6. My favorite TV shows are of the reality type. I usually watch CNN or MSNBC, The Food Network (especially Chopped and The Worst Cook in America) . I also like American Idol, America's Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing With the Stars and The Biggest Loser. I hate, hate, hate soap operas, and I cannot stay awake through an entire movie.
7. I am appalled at people who speak badly of any of our presidents. I feel our elected officials should be treated with dignity and honor, and if we really are personally unhappy with them, we should vote for someone else the next time.
8. I only drink one cup of coffee a day, and that's half coffee and half lowfat milk with a packet of sweetener.
9. I used to do a lot of painting, in acrylics or oils, on canvas or objects. If you're curious, here are photos of a few of them.
10. I'm a yo-yo dieter. I go on "healthy eating" binges and lose 20-30 pounds, keep it off for a couple of years, then blow it during one winter in AZ. Too many potlucks, card games with refreshments, tacos at the local bar. I can go from size 8 to size 14 in the wink of an eye.
11. I don't drink alcoholic beverages, with the exception of my once yearly Margarita. I think I could get hooked on those, if I were so inclined.
12. My (step) Dad was a WWII hero. He lead the 392nd. Bomb Group in the first bomb drop on Berlin. For this, he received the Presidential Citation, which was presented to him by General James Doolittle. He was also the recipient of the Purple Heart, the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal. Daddy passed away in 2003. My birth father is still living, and turned 94 this year, but we are not close.
13. I was married right out of high school, and widowed when I was 20. I found Mr. Granny three years later, and have kept him around for nearly 49 years.
14. I have a thing about planting too many tomatoes. I need an intervention.