October2, 2009: Notice!

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive, but I am without an internet connection for the next three weeks. Mr. H decided he had to have his DISH TV back (he hated cable), so I cancelled the entire bundle...no cable, no phone (except cell phone) and no internet. I do have access to a few WIFI hotspots around town, so hopefully I can check email and comments once in a while. I don't yet know what will be available once we get to Arizona. A company was supposed to put in high speed access for the town this summer, but if it didn't happen I might have to utilize the satellite internet service from the local library or drive 25 miles to Parker to access a hot spot.

Anyway, I'll figure out some way to keep in touch with all of you. And I'm still weighing that produce, so stay tuned for the final tally!

11 comments:

  1. sounds like you just need to get yourself an aircard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny, you got to get hooked up in AZ! What would we do without you? I agree with Mr.H cable sucks and they charge to much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gran - Say it isn't so! I hope you do find a convenient connection when you're in Arizona as it would be sad to be goodbye to you for the winter. If we don't hear from you for a while, safe travels and have a great winter in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we'll miss you! hope you're able to access those hot spots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you're almost ready to go so soon! Do you ever really get settled in one place before you go to the other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be lost without my cable internet connection! I hope you find a good alternative solution quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! No internet?! I don't know how I would survive.

    Take care of yourself and we'll be here when you can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care, we look forward to be being back on line!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that's not cool. I can sympathize, I prefer DirectTv to cable by a longshot. We get our TV from satellite, but internet access from Roadrunner. Costs, but it works for us.
    Hope you do get a chance to check in every so often...I'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait -- and there's a box heading your way. I assume it will get to you before you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was talking with a friend of mine on Thursday night... we were talking about how much we depend on the internet EVERYDAY for EVERYTHING! Communication is the first reason I have the internet. It's just so easy to send off an email to a friend or even to myself (I use my email as a reminder to myself LOL). And the communication we have online with our gardening buddies... I would definitely go through withdrawal for sure if I couldn't get online LOL Hopefully everything will work out and when you get to AZ you'll be able to get online!

    ReplyDelete